message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Adorn yourself

Gustav Klimt...Adele Bloch-Bauer
It is no secret to anyone who knows me that I am a lover of gold. Whether it be a sunlit room, an ornate gilded headboard or over-sized embellished earrings, gold gives a feeling of luxury and beauty. It is warm, decadent and bold and not at all understated. This painting, fiercely feminine in pose, excessively adorned and fluid in texture embodies this feeling for me. To be fearless, composed and utterly undeniable, that is to be golden. Decorate yourself, adorn your space or simply soak it in.

Live in it..
A gorgeous gilded gold cuff found on RocHouse Interior Design adds punch to any outfit. This incredible embroidered golden head board is done by Bo & Jangles and is unlike anything I have ever seen. You could create a whole room around it. Lastly the Tudor screen by Armani Casa screams modern luxury without being too overbearing. I'm in love with them all, but again, I'm a sucker for anything gold..

No comments:

Post a Comment